Monday, April 13, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

Well, it's another rainy day. I shouldn't complain, we had such a nice gorgeous weekend, albeit a little windy. My kids just enjoy the outdoors so much and they get restless cooped up inside. It's only 10:15 and the girls are bickering back and forth, with one already standing in the corner for shoving her sister. They've played nicely most of the morning, but it's going to be a long day with DH working overtime and no end to the rain in immediate sight. There's only so many times I can afford or have the desire to take them to JumpZone or Chick Fil A, even with coupons.

Our new dog, Bear, whom we got last week, is working out nicely. Very sweet, loving, and mostly calm, but loves to play with (or harass) Ruby, our "old" pup. I think she vaciliates between enjoying it and thinking "leave me alone, darn it!!" They're going back and forth, restless because of not getting out. Ruby actually went on the deck and stood in the rain for a few minutes, I think to just get some time alone. I can relate.

At least I'll have some time alone this afternoon when I go to donate blood (yee-ha!). The neighbors have kindly agreed to babysit the girls since I definitely don't want to take them. Roo would be okay, but I've taken Little Bit before and she did not cotton to being confined to a stroller. She almost tipped it over struggling to get out, and I vowed to never again attempt THAT.

No comments: