Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Excuses, etc.

I'm still trying to get myself motivated to finish up the series on England but it isn't easy. If procrastination weren't so darn much fun, maybe I could get done with it. I just finished one full article on it and think I can squeeze the rest into one segment. Or not. Just have to see what comes out when I start typing.

Thirtysomething had open house for Roo's kindergarten this afternoon. I sure it went well but I haven't heard from her yet. I know she is dreading tomorrow as much as her daughter is looking forward to it but it's just another step in growing up and growing away. Emotional but exciting too.

As for me, I'm ready for Mr. Murphy of Murphy's Law to move on. About the time I think everything is on track, he lowers the boom again. Now it's a darn sinus infection despite the high powered antibiotic I took earlier. Leave it to me to be different!

On a side note, son # 1 took me to dinner last night at Fox Brothers Barbecue. They had a full house in the dining room and on the patio and we wound up sitting by a window inside. It turned out to be a mixed blessing. While we were there, it started storming so at least we didn't have to rush inside. However, the window was covered with plastic and the rain was blowing and swirling so much that it began to come in around the plastic and soon water began to cover our table and puddle on the floor as well as spraying on us. There were no tables left so we had to move ours over to keep from getting any wetter than we already were. At least the food was good and the storm let up enough for us to get to the car without getting soaked. A "sunny" ending.

No comments: