Thursday, July 16, 2009

Que sera sera

Your eyesight's going, Life! I did finally manage to post last Monday. I had actually done another posting, but the system somehow hiccuped and lost it and I didn't feel like doing it again :)

Roo did cut her hair. It looks very cute and grown-up and I have to say, has taken a lot off of me as far as maintenance goes. Now it's just dealing with Bit's mass of curls and my own mop that I'm seriously thinking of chopping off when DH gets his next paycheck.

Saw a depressing cover story in the AJC about people looking for work. We can completely relate, though thankfully hubby has a job, poor paying as it is. I'm hoping to sub at the preschool this year and beef up my resume a little to make me more marketable in the future. The options that are being touted by the "experts" such as going back to school are fine unless you don't have the money and don't want to take out a student loan to pay for it. I mean, we're still paying off my not-insignificant sl balance, and I just can't see taking on more debt at this point in my life.

The girls and I went to see Life down in the ATL yesterday. We all had a good time, though it took us forever to get there due to an interstate accident. I have gotten so old in terms of driving. I absolutely hate to drive in heavy traffic in Atlanta, to the point where I can feel my blood pressure and anxiety levels rising significantly. Ten years ago, no problem. Now, I feel like there's a sign on my minivan saying "Hi, yes I'm from the 'burbs. Please feel free to cut me off and scare the fool out of me so I'll hightail it out of the city!"

No comments: