Friday, July 31, 2009

A New Day

Well, my older "baby" is off to Kindergarten. The first afternoon, her first words when she got home were "Mama, Kindergarten is looonnng!" Today she was much perkier and announced that the day was indeed shorter, as her Daddy predicted they would become. I'm just happy she wasn't the little boy who made a break for the door because he was NOT going to school...felt very sorry for that teacher!

Other changes around here: I actually got a job (woo-hoo!). After resigning myself to not finding anything and deciding to just sub at Little Bit's preschool as often as possible to earn a little extra moola, I got a surprise call yesterday. Seems the preschool I had interviewed for before had an assistant opening for the three-year-old class and the director wanted to offer me the job! Even better, there is an opening for Little Bit in the two-year-olds. Even better better, I will have the same hours she will. The only downside is I won't be able to send her to the preschool I had hoped to. However, I believe this is a really good school and it's perfect for me in just about every other way!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works out for all of us.

No comments: