Saturday, July 4, 2009

I'm not ready for this yet!

Well, it's happened. It's completely and totally hit me that Roo is starting Kindergarten in less than a month. Her Open House and first day are three weeks away, and as I was perusing her school website and checking out the supply list, I thought, I can't do this! I can't let my baby go to that "big bad world" out there. Of course, I can and will, but it's almost as though we're stepping onto the escalator of time and there's no slowing it down. I've had her home 5 1/2 years, since she's a November birthday, so we're lucky in that respect. But now I'm sitting here alone crying like a baby and I just can't seem to stop.

Even though this song is targeted towards a girl going to college, Suzy Boggus's song "Letting Go" has been running through my head and I think, that's going to be my girls and me before I know it.

I've posted the link if any other moms out there need a good cry!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBajtFWvo7I

1 comment:

Life After 60 said...

Another song: "Letting Go." It was just as difficult, if not more so, to see you start kindergarten as your brother. Of course, you were not quite 5 years old and that made it even harder! Pass the hankies, please.