Monday, July 13, 2009

We made it!

Well, the anniversary rafting trip was a success. Actually, anytime I'm on a water craft and manage not to fall out, I count that as successful.


It was truly lots of fun, I'm so glad we went. It's been almost 7 years since we've gone, and I have to question why. It's not terribly expensive and we both love it, so why have we waited so long? We made a vow yesterday to include more "fun stuff" in our lives and not wait 7 years to repeat experiences we get great enjoyment out of. Besides benefitting our marriage, which in turn benefits our girls, it's good for the children to see us doing things like that and having a life outside of them. They had a good time with their grandparents even though my MIL was afraid Little Bit was going to be homesick, which she wasn't. Like I told DH, if they kept them overnight more than once or twice a year, she might not be afraid that would happen :)


Anyhow, back to reality today. The girls squabbled this morning until I informed them they would be spending time apart in their rooms for a long time unless they ceased and desisted, so that worked. We went to a library puppet show and enjoyed that thoroughly and are planning to hang around here the rest of the day while I catch up with some household chores.


Roo has asked to get her hair cut all the way up to her chin, so we're going to the beauty shop tomorrow. Don't know about THAT short, but she seems really intent on a cut since her long hair's becoming such a hassle to deal with, so I'm kind of relieved. We'll see if she really follows through with it!


Hope Life is continuing to be on the mend so she can be ready for a visit from us this week.

No comments: