Saturday, July 4, 2009

Too quiet

It's Sunday evening and for the first time in three weeks, I'm completely alone. It feels a bit weird but I'm sure R was happy to be going home. I managed to get really sick while he was here (broke my foot last time!) so he may be hesitant about returning. I can't say I would blame him but he is already talking about my next visit there so who knows?

He absolutely loved this hot weather but just a few days before leaving did admit to getting hot. I asked if he thought he could stand it for 5-6 months out of the year and that gave him a bit of pause.

Anyway, time to settle down and get back down to the business of writing a bit. A trip to NC and to Tybee, plus some day runs have about done me in. In all this heat, it would probably have been rough even if I had been well but there's something about almost total dehydration that totally saps one!

No comments: