Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Home from the Zoo...to the Zoo

Well, we had lots of fun today trekking to Zoo Atlanta. The girls were very well-behaved, especially considering how long we were there! We got there right after it opened, about 9:45, and just got home at 3:30. Looonng day. Little Bit cracks me up, as soon as we get home she starts playing with and arranging all her little figures in the Dora dollhouse, having them carry on animated conversations all the way. She likes going places, but she has the Dorothy motto: "There's no place like home."

A really cute new exhibit is the parakeets, where you can purchase food on a stick for a dollar and try to get the birds to come and eat from it. I got a little annoyed with one of the women there, though...her granddaughter and Roo were both feeding a bird with their food on a stick and Little Bit saw them and ran over there to do it, too. The bird got spooked and flew away, and the woman was like "Well, so much for THAT." I mean, she wasn't misbehaving, she just got excited, as any typical two-year-old will do. It just kind of griped me...like I'm certain her children and grandchildren are so well-behaved they would never do anything uncouth like that! Anyhow, I'm finished venting now.

I'm trying a new system of housecleaning where each day has a certain task(s). Tuesdays are dusting, mopping, and vacuuming. Guess we'll be switching THAT one around to another day, since I'm too pooped after running around the Zoo all day to do much of anything at this point!

No comments: