Monday, January 25, 2010

And the beat goes on...

I thought the not-so-good news about my thumb was pretty much the worst thing that would happen this past week but I'm not quite so sure now that I'm sporting the first shiner I've had in many years.

I wish I could say something exciting caused it but I'm afraid not. I was hugging Roo goodbye last Saturday evening and as I turned to hug Little Bit, she stood straight up to hug me and her head popped me smack in the left eye. It hit me so hard I couldn't see anything but stars for a few minutes. Fortunately, I had switched my contacts for glasses so that lessened the brunt of it just a tad. I'm grateful it didn't break the glasses though.

It really isn't bad, unlike the first one I had that left most of the side of my face purple for several days. It hasn't spread too much, just some negligible swelling, and the bruising has (mostly) stayed beneath my brow and in the fold of the lid. You've probably already guessed Little Bit is hardheaded and now she's proven it!

Speaking of Little Bit, when her Mom saw her on the verge of tears a few days ago and implored her not to cry, she told her, "This is not tears. This is the beginning of tears." No moss growing on this one!

1 comment:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Yikes!! SO SORRY!!! Guess I'm going to have to take out a medical policy when you coe over to our house...