Monday, January 11, 2010

A First? Definitely!

Something new happened to me today. I’m positive it was a first because I surely do not recall anything like it before and I believe I would remember something like that. I had something stolen even before I purchased it!

I was browsing in a discount store just to get out after being cooped up from all weekend by the snow and ice. I was surprised and delighted to find some items of lingerie like I wear marked down even more than usual. Even better, there were some white ones left and since I often wear white slacks and jeans, I got all three pairs left in my size as well as a couple in beige. I had my purse in the cart and my coat lying across it so I just put them on top of the coat.

Imagine my surprise when I started to check out and I had just one beige pair and that happened to be the only one I had placed in the deeper part of the shopping cart. Someone had lifted the others off the top of the stack! And yes, we checked to see if they had fallen off and/or a clerk had picked them up. No such luck.

I couldn’t help but laugh. It as the first time I've ever had my "drawers" lifted without my knowledge. I was just glad I hadn’t already paid for them!

1 comment:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Thank goodness your purse wasn't taken, at least! Too weird......