Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Exciting Errands

An excerpt from the (mostly) one-sided conversation in the minivan this morning doing errands:

Little Bit: " Mama, where are we going? The library and where? Osh Kosh? Where is it? Osh Kosh, Osh Kosh, Osh Kosh, THERE IT IS! Oh, it's not Osh Kosh? What is it, then? What's that over there...there, THERE, where I pointing! It's a blue car? I like blue, what else is blue, the sky and blueberries and birds...is that Osh Kosh? When are we going to be there? It's sure taking a long long long long long time to get there MAMA, IT'S A SCHOOL BUS!! Where is my sister? Why did she have to back to school? I'm sad Christmas is over....when will it be Christmas again? When is Halloween? It's after my birthday in Octo-ver? How old will I be? I think I'm six! I want to go swimming but it's too cold now can I get a bathing suit at OshKosh my sister needs a warm dress and you have to trade the nightgown? Why? Is the dress really really really warm and on fire? I wouldn't want to wear a dress on fire., that would hurt hurt hurt!! Why do you have to trade the nightgown? It's too small? Can I wear it? It's too big for me? Can I wear it when I'm six? When I was a LITTLE LITTLE LITTLE TINY BABY I liked nightgowns are we there yet? OshKosh Oshkosh Oshkosh, IS THAT IT OVER THERE, MAMA? I'm ready to be there LOOK AT THE CHRISTMAS TREES, MAMA!! I thought you said Christmas was over and we had to take down our Christmas tree...why do they still have their Christmas tree up...are we almost there yet?"