Saturday, January 9, 2010

Counting My Blessings

An excerpt from another (mostly one-sided) interaction with Little Bit, this time while watching Snow White. I omitted punctuation to reflect the reality of how she talks when she's on a roll.....

"Oooh, Mama, what is that queen doing is she turning herself into a witch wow she doesn't look very pretty, she's kind of scary looking what's that on her nose why does she not like Snow White is she going to do something bad to her what's wrong with the apple I like apples, but I like them peeled and not the skin I like applesauce too do we have some applesauce I can have but I want to eat it in the living room why can't I eat it in the living room I don't want to pause the movie and eat it at the table I'll wait 'til later wow look at that scary scary scary skeleton we have skeletons for Halloween I like Halloween how long 'til Halloween is here again I don't know what I'm going to dress up as but I hope I like get lots of candy but those skeletons aren't real they're like our skeletons where are the dwarves going they're going to work ooh those are pretty jewels they're digging do you think we could find those in our yard why doesn't Snow White go to work doesn't she have a job is her job to clean their house she'd better be careful not to spill anything on her pretty dress she needs to wear an apron when she cooks...."

Then I read about our friend losing her precious little baby and I think, "Thank you so much, Jesus, that I have the privilege of listening to this every day."