Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weird or Just Very Sensitive?

Okay, another example of how you never know with Little Bit. Yesterday, when she was playing with her baby dolls, I joined in and asked her what they were doing. She was just putting one of them down for a "nap" and said she wanted to sing the baby a night-night song. I said, "How about Rock-A-Bye Baby?," to which she readily agreed. There we are, her rocking the baby cradle and me singing the song and not noticing until almost the end the horrified look on her little face. "What's the matter?" I asked, a little alarmed. "Mama, what happened to 'dat poor baby?? The tree broke and the baby fell out of it! That's not good! Babies shouldn't climb trees, it's not safe! Was the baby hurt?? That's a SAD song, I don't like that song!!! And on and on and on....sigh.

1 comment:

Life After 60 said...

Didn't I tell you children take things very literally, lol.