Friday, January 8, 2010

From a young mother

This is more serious than most of our postings. We try to keep it light but I think this is worth passing on. A friend from Telfair County, her husband, and family have been watching over their baby daughter at an Atlanta hospital for the past 17 days, not asking for perfection, just praying for her to survive. The way this little baby has polarized a small community and her parents' faith and grace even in the face of loss is amazing and surely worth sharing. This is her most recent posting at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/addisonclarkjones.

"As most of you already know, our precious Addi went to be with the Good Lord this morning. He gained another precious angel. But, I know in my heart that she's flapping her little wings and rejoicing with Him right now. No more pain, no more suffering. Those 17 days we got to share with her, we will cherish and remember for the rest of our lives. We don't know why and probably will never understand, but it was all God's plan and we have to remember that. She has made me realize that I take too many things for granted and need to slow down and cherish more things. And she has definitely brought me closer to God, as well as many others. Maybe that was God's plan? I know my heart is breaking and I have cried many, many tears. I can't even describe to you how this feels. But, I know Addi probably wouldn't want me to cry and be sad anymore - because she's in a better place - she's free to fly around and rejoice in His name. She's watching over us now. I want to thank each and everyone of you who has followed us in Addison's short journey of life. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for each message/text/call. It has helped us get through this difficult time. Please continue to pray for our families strength as we go through these next few days. God hasn't let us down yet, and I know in my heart he will keep us wrapped tight. Thank you God for blessing us with Addison and allowing us what time we did have with her. She has blessed us beyond measure, as well as you."






































No comments: