Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The "dogs" are on their own!

The other evening, I made tomato soup and grilled cheese, one of my favorite meals. Roo, formerly a big fan of it, has not been too enthused of it as of late. Little Bit has never been a fan of it.

In an attempt to make it more appealing, I took a tip from a magazine and took a square of toast and cut up a hot dog on it, floating it in the middle of the bowl and calling it "dogs on a raft." Roo got a kick out of it and ate a little tomato soup. 'Bit avoided it, instead chowing down on the grilled cheese. I said, "Look, honey, you have to get the dogs across the tomato river, try and eat some of it!" She studies the bowl, looking sort of sideways at it, and then says, "Nah, Mama, that raft looks pretty strong...I think it'll make it across the river just fine."

No comments: