Friday, January 15, 2010

You know

your life is pretty dull when you spend a large portion of the afternoon playing with your new GPS just to hear what the Hannibal Lector voice is going to say next.

I replaced my old one which died an untimely death after little use and,of course, after the warranty had expired. I found this one marked down $30 because Target was getting rid of the burgundy units. The color suits me just fine, especially when taken in that context.

I discovered that you can have "Hannibal" announce the directions and I love it. (I'm a Hannibal fan anyway.) He interjects questions/remarks on topics you would expect him to in between like can Patricia still feel a tickle where her skin was after it's removed. When you get to your destination, he tells you that you have arrived then says, "Don't worry. I'll inform Clarice that you're here."

2 comments:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Hmmm, maybe it wasn't the color that was the reason they were marked down so much......can't imagine too much of an audience for Hannibal voice-overs, no offense intended :-0

Life After 60 said...

No, I downloaded the voice myself. I love it!