Monday, September 22, 2008

Can't We Just Wrap Her in Bubblewrap?

Okay, I totally plagiarized this title from today's Family Circus. The mom is bandaging Jeffy up and one of the other kids (I think Billy) asks that question. I feel like that with the almost-two year old right now. Most of the time, actually.

Tonight after supper, we took the girls to a local park to unwind a bit. Little Bit didn't take a nap and after last evening's rough nature, she was quite tired. Well, she had a terrific time on the equipment and swinging and all, and we were taking a break at one of the tables under the pavilion. Hard, metal tables, actually on a concrete slab (the significance here will be apparent in a minute). She was standing on the bench part and ready to get down, and I tried to give her a hand, which she waved away. I thought that she just wanted to get down herself, but realized a split second before it occured that that wasn't what she had in mind. She raised her hands up and (I think) was intending to jump to and grab the ledge of the neighboring table and swing from it. Before I could stop her, she leapt and smacked her forehead on the table then ricocheted from it backwards onto the concrete. Fortunately, and by God's saving grace, no concussion (I read up on the signs awhile back after realizing what a daredevil she is). She does, however, have a nice mini goose egg on her forehead and a nice big fat goose egg on the back of her head.

All I can say is she keeps that guardian angel hopping.

No comments: