Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Is this a "Milkbone Moment?"

I suppose it will. I'm not really worked up about the falling incident since she was okay and I know that kind of stuff is going to happen. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't think a child's had a true childhood unless there are at least some scrapes and bruises involved. That shows they're not living an antiseptic, couch potato existence.

It just seems like a lot of days I'm running the on the hamster wheel, getting things done for everyone else. Someone always wants or needs something, and any needs or wants I have get shoved to the back of the line. I'm more assertive than I used to be about taking some time for myself, but it's still like my day never ends. There's always stuff to worry about, especially with the economy the way it is and DH taking such a substantial pay cut when he was laid off last year.

Referring to the title, I know it's ridiculous, but last night I got so upset. I had read about the 100th anniversary for Milkbone contest, in which the first prize was $100,000. I thought the deadline was November, so I've been composing our story in my head of how we rescued Ruby from the shelter and she had heartworms and other complications and how we worked through all of that and what a terrific, happy dog she is now. I even thought of all the different angles we could take her picture, etc. Well, I logged onto the website and it turns out I read it incorrectly and the contest ended on September 18th. I actually boo-hooed for quite awhile on that one, because I just knew that we would win or at least get an honorable mention. I know realistically that we had a next-to-none chance of winning it, but it was still a nice fantasy.

No comments: