Thursday, September 4, 2008

Embarrassing Moments Courtesy of my Children

Well, I guess it's come full circle. Yesterday, my almost-two year old needed medicine. As I had no one to watch her, I had to make a quick run to the grocery store to pick up some. We went straight to the pharmacy section, got what we needed, then buzzed over to the self-checkout as not to contaminate anyone else with her cold. As I was scanning the items, she was fooling around and taking them out of the bag. Of course, that was messing up the checkout sensors and I was trying in vain to get her to stop. The very kind store clerk came over with a sticker to try and distract her. My precious little one just looked at her and blew the biggest snot bubble I've ever seen out of her nose. YUCK!! I told the lady she had a cold and it would be best not to touch her, that we were just trying to grab our meds and go. She was very understanding and sweet, and booking it very quickly to the Customer Service desk, where I'm certain she slathered herself with hand sanitizer. Lovely

1 comment:

Life After 60 said...

Too bad your brother doesn't have children. He's the one who should have this happen to him! (My memory of his childhood hasn't faded with age.)