Sunday, September 7, 2008

Nice to be back

It was a real upper getting back to church again after being out all of August except for the first Sunday. Not only did I get a spiritual boost, but some real ego boosters too.

I came in during the first hymn and the pastor shot me a big ear-to-ear grin when he saw me enter. He has a contagious smile so naturally I smiled back at him. When he came over later, he said, "I see you still have that radiant smile." One lady greeted me by asking if I had lost weight (I haven't) and one of the older male members of the congregation asked if I had had a face-lift.

When I assured him I hadn't, he said he wanted to know what kind of face cream I was using “because it's doing a great job. You're really looking good!" This is such a small congregation that almost everyone seems like family so I suppose I should take some of that with a grain of salt but it was nice to hear anyway.


All this leaves me to wonder if I should attend more or less often. Probably about the same or I would have trouble dealing with more compliments than that in less than an hour!

No comments: