Monday, September 22, 2008

In My Defense

Okay, I know I have not been pulling my fair share here, but I would like you to take a moment to look at what my itinerary consisted of this past weekend:

Friday: Preschool for older DD; vet. appt.; grocery shopping; thorough house cleaning for Bunco since I was hosting for our neighborhood this weekend. Crashed around 1:00 a.m.

Saturday: Up early, more errands to run (had girls with me all day since their Daddy had a neighbor's weed eater and lawn mower to work on, as well as errands of his own the girls couldn't accompany him on); Princess-style slumber party for moms and daughters at neighbor's house with games and waaaaaay too much sugar for already-hyped-up children; finally got older one back home by ten and both girls down around 11:30.

Sunday: Up early again (notice the common theme here?); did get to relax a little this morning and play with the girls outside so I don't have too much excuse for not blogging then other than not wanting children hovering over me with little fingers typing and the older one wanting to play pbskids.org; during the afternoon through suppertime kept a friend's two kids so she and her hubby could get out for awhile and celebrate their anniversary; got our two down late again due to this and the little one feeling poorly (we tried to let her have a little bit of muffin to test if her wheat sensitivity is still there and apparently it is judging from the diarrhea and stomach cramps it gave her); reconciled bank statement and noted with some alarm that we didn't have enough in there to cover our insurance autodraft in a couple of days, commenced immediately to rolling quarters to deposit in our account on Monday and had ensuing discussion and agreement that we do not have enough money to meet our financial obligations and I am going to have to find some part-time work which is very difficult to get considering my hour limitations, cried about the frustrations of this for awhile; DH disappeared to the bathroom and I finally did sit down to blog at midnight and only had time to read my mother's call from the wilderness when my little one began to cry from the wilderness of her crib and I had to heed it. Unfortunately, it happened again twice more and I had approximately three hours of sleep last night.

I rest my case.

No comments: