Sunday, October 19, 2008

Enjoying (?) the Grandchildren

Decided to spend some time with the grandchildren (and their parents) before heading back south so drove out here yesterday.

Little Bit was thrilled to see me and when she thought I was leaving, got a toy and headed for the door to go home with me. A first for her and made this grandmother feel good too.

On the flip side, I'd forgotten how much "fun" it is to have a motor-mouthed almost-five-year-old climb in bed with you at 3:45 a.m. (especially when you've only been asleep for a couple of hours) but the big sister refreshed my memory this morning. After a couple of hours of constant chatter and a few Bugs Bunny cartoons, I told her she needed to crawl in bed with Mama and Daddy and take a nap if she wanted to go to a neighbor child's birthday party this afternoon. Nothing like payback. :)

No comments: