Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hmmmm...

That did sound pretty on-target. I might try it myself when I get a few moments later on to contemplate it. I will let you know the results.

Our high school reunion may or may not happen. The organizer told me he would let me know tomorrow, but thus far there has been a real lack of interest. Apparently, only a few have contacted him and RSVPed. Looks like I might have to wait another five years and see if interest has sparked by then. Frankly, there are lots of Halloween kid-friendly events going on around here that day that the girls would love to go to, so I might just say forget it anyway if there's going to be so few people there.

On another subject, the older DD (I'm just going to start calling her Roo, since that's one of her nicknames anyway) apparently pilfered a pretty little cube-thing from the bird seed store the other day when she was with her Daddy. We found it in the van and she 'fessed up and bawled her eyes out. We didn't yell, but emphatically told her that it is called stealing when you take what doesn't belong to you and how absolutely wrong and awful that is to do. As soon as the store opens tomorrow, she's going to have to bring it back and apologize to the store owner. I know that at this age, it's not like she's headed for juvenile hall or something, but it was still quite a shock to realize she had taken something that didn't belong to her. Judging from how upset she was, I don't think it's something she'll repeat.

No comments: