Monday, October 20, 2008

Now, who turned on those Bugs Bunny cartoon?

I'm sure my poor mother is still recuperating from her visit with us. It's funny how that payback thing works, right?

Super news on the medical front, though; Little Bit does not have celiac disease. Her bloodwork, which is supposed to be very accurate, shows normal levels and no indicators of celiac. Apparently, we're just dealing with a wheat sensitivity, thank God. Of course, celiac can develop at any point in one's life, since it's an autoimmune disease like Type 1 diabetes, but she does not have it now and I am so happy about it. A sensitivity we can deal with much better than a lifetime condition. We would have done whatever it took to keep her healthy, obviously, but it's such a relief that it is temporary.

On another note, I'm very excited about mom moving up closer to us. I know she's got to be a little apprehensive about it, but I think it's going to be one of the most positive changes she has made. Can't wait until December!

No comments: