Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good (?) News

I spent a portion of yesterday in the orthopedist's office and he said the "good" news is that things could have been much worse. He also assured me that breaks like this were easy to do and that he had broken his own foot the same way just getting out of bed several years ago. (I'm not sure if that was supposed to be comforting or not!) Anyway, I have yet another souvenir: an air cast in a lovely shade of gray. it beats the bulky splint acquired in Gulfport but is still hot as Hades and I'm sure will make the next few weeks loads of fun to endure.

I'm afraid my guest will be hesitant about returning. Spending half your time in the ER and doctor's office certainly is not much of a way to spend a vacation. I must say the company has been a pleasure though. All those people who write about "typical English reserve" didn't know him or others of his ilk. He's genuine, warm, and outrageously funny. His somewhat offbeat sense of humor caught me off guard but he's kept me laughing almost the entire visit and I really needed that after my slight brush with catastrophe. I'm feeling a little sad that I will be alone once again after Saturday. Oh well, I will be in Atlanta for a few days so that should cheer me up a bit.





No comments: