Friday, November 28, 2008

Hail, Hail, The Gang Was All Here

It's Friday night and everyone else has given up the fight and retired for the night. The kids are feeling a little nostalgic because this is most likely the last night they will be spending here. My favorite cousin, favorite second cousin, and favorite uncle came over for a while today and even Cuz was feeling a little blue because the family get togethers we've enjoyed here for so many years are coming to an end also. A new era is dawning, but we won't forget family traditions even if they aren't practiced as much anymore.

All in all, it's been a good visit with the family members I love most all here together, missing only son-in-law and cousin-in-law. With a steady rain all day long, today has been a bit hectic, especially for Thirtysomething. Much to Mom's dismay, Little Bit has pretty much given up naps so there's no longer a brief period of time she can relax her guard even for a little while. Considering this, you can imagine how much "fun" her Mom has had trying to keep little hands off all those fragile items spread around my living room.

People are coming in and out buying stuff and I've put as much out as I can fit in there. I'd already done this before they changed their plans and headed south for the holiday. (There's no way I could have picked it all up before they got here as well as no place to put it either.) It has kept us on our toes to say the least.

Adding to that, all the clutter is driving me nuts personally but this is the only way I can handle it right now. I'm feeling especially grateful that all the furniture except one bedroom suite has sold and I have a good prospect for that.

No comments: