Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just the clothes off her back

I was just thinking about the comment that LifeAfter60 made when asked what she was taking to Atlanta with her..."the clothes off my back!" Of course, there is a little more than that, but not much. I've been thinking about what is important material-wise to me and what I would take if I were to dramatically downsize as she is doing (if I had my husband, two children, and two dogs, it would be Valium...and lots of it...). Seriously, I'm pretty much coming to a point in my life where I dont' want knick-knacks or clutter around. I want to be surrounded by things I love that have meaning to me, not just extra things to dust. Of course, we have lots of seasonal stuff stored and I guess that could be construed as clutter, but I thoroughly enjoy bringing all of that out annually and having it around during the holiday season.

I truly hope that LifeAfter60's new life and surroundings are everything she hopes for, and more. I know we will enjoy having her closer by, if she's not too busy for us ;-)

No comments: