Monday, November 3, 2008

Just a Few More Hours

Just a few more hours and back to my favorite place again, the ATL. I'm going up to to take my son to the airport for a flight to Chile tomorrow evening. In return, I get to stay in his condo while he's living it up in South America.(Give a little, get a little.) This time, I'll be there for almost two weeks. Well, in Midtown for 10 days, then to Thirtysomething's home for oldest granddaughter's birthday party. (Having it early this year because of holiday.) All of them are a little under the weather now but hopefully will be well by then.

I plan to spend this visit getting better acquainted with the area where I'll be living. I've already bought a membership in the Botanical Gardens. It's only 5-6 blocks away so I will be able to make full use of it. Thinking about volunteering there after I get settled. So much to see, so much to do!

I'm working slowly but diligently at getting rid of "stuff" here. Seems to be an unending task but I'm making a little progress. Told the paper today I was leaving. They still want me to write some for them from Atlanta and I'll do that at least for a while. Will be interesting to see how long that lasts. :)

No comments: