Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lots of stuff going on

Yes, we do have a pretty full plate right now. I've been checking in but not feeling like writing too much.

A bright spot was Halloween night, which was tons of fun for both little chickadees. One snafu, although comical now, was when I sprayed Roo's hair with glitter hairspray to complete her fairy outfit...only it was not glitter hairspray. Instead, it was bright orange hairspray and I gave her a good dose right on top of her pretty little head. Thankfully, almost-fives are too young to really care, and after I picked myself up off the floor I was able to convince her that I had added an authentic Halloween touch. I tell myself I'm collecting (creating?) good stories for her baby book. Don't want her to look back and see her childhood as dull, you know!

Lots of trick or treaters this year, too! We had probably a couple of hundred, which is quite a lot for our midsize neighborhood. I love it, though. In this age of political correctness and such, it was nice to see parents let their kids get dressed up and just be kids for a night. I mean, what could embody childhood more than dressing up and scarfing down candy?

No comments: