Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finally!

The worst of packing etc. is over now and my sweet son-in-law and I will be on our way in about two hours. Bless him, he loaded all the boxes while I kept running around like a chicken with its head chopped off trying to get last minute stuff together. To my credit, I did keep the boxes small so they wouldn't weigh a ton and kill our backs when they were moved.

Most of yesterday was a nightmare with people in and out of my house all afternoon, moving furniture, scratching my beautiful hardwood floor, etc. Not that I'm complaining (not too much anyway), but I'm really glad I asked the thrift shop to wait until I came back down in January to pick up the remnants. If there had been more confusion, I may have just closed the door and said forget it! I'm grateful for the money but it was so nice when everyone cleared out and it was calm for a little while.

Next posting will be from Midtown. Not quite sure when that will be. It depends on whether or not I'm still wired up or just collapse and sleep a while after we get the stuff in the apartment.

And BTW, Thirtysomething, the "ants in my pants" are still crawling a little but much better this morning.

No comments: