Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The End and the Beginning

It's the end of another year and the beginning of a new era for me. I still cannot believe I am actually here and enjoying it so much. Time already flew by so fast I couldn't keep up with it and it seems to be going thrice as rapidly here.

I'm really not doing anything special but it feels so wonderful to be accepted for myself that I have trouble describing it. Here, I'm just another person. There, I was an anomaly. It's a great feeling to blend in so easily. Again, it's so friendly here that I have to pinch myself to believe it. You would think it would be the opposite but I feel more welcome here than I ever have anywhere else.

I'm looking forward to what the New Year brings and I wish everyone the happiness and contentment I've found along with prosperity, good health, and peace.

No comments: