Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Making Progress

It's been a hectic few days but (slightly) profitable ones. Almost all the furniture has been sold, all the silver except for 3-4 pieces of silver plate, and several other things. Tonight, I donated the contents of the linen closet to the library to use for programs etc.

Lest you think that doesn't amount to much, you never saw the linen closet here. I've already given several sets away and tossed those too stained to be of any use and I still managed to give them 118 napkins, six table toppers, ten large tablecloths, and ten small tablecloths!

Before you leap to conclusions about my sanity, I did not accumulate these things. I inherited them, many of which date back to the 40s and 50s. Good riddance!

I find myself a being a little slack about posting but there's so much to do here, plus, I lost most of the day today taking take my car in for past due service and keeping a doctor's appointment so that put yet another hitch in my progress. To top that off (and you may question my sanity about this), I volunteered to make some candy and dip some Amaretto cherries for Christmas night out Thursday. I don't know what came over me but it's a shame I wasn't stricken with laryngitis when I opened my mouth!

1 comment:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Well, life is a bowl of cherries, right? Amaretto could only make them better.