Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting into the retro holiday spirit

Well, we had our neighborhood Tour of Homes this afternoon. For some crazy reason, I volunteered our house to be in it since we were going to be in town after all. It was actually a lot of fun, and we had a good turnout. What was funny, though, was that I apparently had a retro-decorating theme and didn't realize it!

I lost count at five people who said they hadn't seen icicles in forever (I actually decorate with them every year). That combined with the other old -I mean retro-stuff caused much gushing and reminiscing about the good old days. I'm happy to have brought back so many memories for people, but it was pretty funny that it was unintentional.

Patridge (Family) in a pear tree, anyone?

2 comments:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Did I mention the comments on the chalk outline of my younger daughter and her stuffed frog which were done the day before by her father and left out there for everyone to see?

Life After 60 said...

Nice to know someone else is "dated" even if it is unintentional. If folks thought your ornaments were retro, they should see what's in my attic!