Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Funny you should say that

Well, I just tapped into my hidden assembly talent as well. Of course, it was made by Playskool (not a typo, they actually spell it that way for some reason) and only had about five pieces to snap together, but still. I feel pretty darn proud of myself!

In case you haven't guessed, 'tis the season to be assembling kids toys for Christmas morning. I'm taking a break right now since DH is taking the dogs for a walk around the block. After being up until the wee, wee hours of the morning the previous two Christmases, we have vowed "never again" and are actually getting a headstart. I can see I'm already passing on the family tradition my mother began of losing toys here and there and giving them to the children as I find them throughout the year instead of the intended holiday, however. Funny how that works, right?

At least since we agreed to dine at chateau de Waffle House on Christmas Day, however, I'm not sweating anything else. We're to leave the day after to visit his relatives in Louisiana, since we missed the Thanksgiving trip. Actually, not sweating anything else except: laundry, cleaning the house, blah blah, but you know what I mean.

No comments: