Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Making a Little Headway

Things are slowly coming together even if the floor still looks like the leftovers of a war zone. Bed and mattress still not here but sofa works for now. Not only did my handsome son-in-law load all the boxes and stuff before we left South Georgia, he assembled the sofa and barstools that had been delivered to his house before going home. My son met us here and the two of them got the trailer unloaded easily.

Murphy's Law really kicked in big time for me though. When I inspected what was to be my new apartment before moving, it was nothing like the one I had been shown and I refused to accept it. My clothes and shoes alone would have filled it up!

Fortunately (for me and them), they had another place in the same building. I'm not totally satisfied with it but it's much better than the first one. The apartment itself is nice but I ordered furniture with a more open floor plan in mind so the look won't be the same thing I had planned on having.

The worst part is that I had to go through the whole changing my address thing again since the apartment number is different. Then I was informed I could not be put in the apartment directory so I could buzz visitors in unless I got a local number so there went my plans to keep the same cell phone number for a while. At least, I still have the same email. For now anyway.

Even with all this, I'm still loving it here. When I finally get everything squared away and have a chance to recuperate, I want to do some more thorough exploring and maybe I will have some more interesting things to post.

No comments: