Sunday, December 28, 2008

This and That

I've been here two weeks and have no idea where the time has gone. The days have slipped by so easily that I find myself checking the computer to verify the day/date.

I told a friend yesterday that I thought I may have broken the drought because it has rained at least a little bit (much more at times) every day since I arrived. Not complaining. It hasn't bothered me in the least.

I never thought it would take so much work to downsize! If I had brought furniture with me, I'd never be finished! I'm still waiting on my mattress. It's been promised for Monday morning so hopefully I can say goodbye to sleeping on the sofa for good. (This one almost makes me wish I'd kept the soft white leather one that I sold.)

Thirtysomething called about 4 p.m. Friday and said they were about 10 minutes from her grandparents-in-law's home. That meant they had been on the road with two little ones for about 12 hours. Give a good old-fashioned root canal anytime!



No comments: