Saturday, December 20, 2008

From the mouths of babes

Well, for some crazy reason I got this notion to bake cookies for several neighbors. DH gamely took the girls to a friend's birthday party so I'd have a few hours to bake. Although my kitchen turned into a disaster zone, I got most of the baking done (note to self, however, that Hershey's kiss peanut blossoms do not travel well, even the short distance to the neighbor's home...).

Unfortunately, we only made a couple of deliveries since Little Bit was completely exhausted. One we did make was to the very kind lady who gave us a gingerbread house (see previous post). My girls were so cute-looking in their little jingly reindeer ears and Christmas duds, bearing the treats. When the lady exclaimed how precious they were and asked Little Bit how she was doing tonight, she decided to announce, in very clear tones for a two year old, "Rusty threw up!" Rusty is our aging terrier who indeed did throw up today. Twice. Did I mention how elegant and refined this neighbor is, by the way? Neighbor looked a little stunned, so I said, laughingly, "Well, since Rusty didn't help make those cookies, you should be safe, hah hah!" Not very smooth, but I'm glad I was able to make any comment at all, frankly. Oh, well. We'll try tomorrow to deliver the remainder and hopefully, without any comments from the peanut gallery.

No comments: