Friday, December 19, 2008

This too shall pass

You're right to keep that perspective, for the little frustrations of relocating (of course coupled with some big frustrations) will pass soon. Hopefully.

I've just completed phase one of a gingerbread house a kind (?) neighbor gave to us. Actually, it was very sweet. It was from a lady who has one daughter that is grown, and she said she thought of me and Roo when she saw it and knew it was a project we would enjoy. If I can just make sure the walls and roof stay glued together long enough for us to decorate it, things will be fine. I thought it would be a nice surprise for the girls for me to have the structure done tonight and then tomorrow all they have to do is the fun part, decorating.

No job prospects for DH yet, at least until January. Nobody wants to speak with him until then, I suppose to figure out budgets and such. The bright spot is that I just checked our bank acct. and we did receive his first unemployment check. It's not much, but it'll help keep us afloat for awhile. It feels very strange to be taking it, but with two kids we're not too proud at this point!

No comments: