Saturday, January 31, 2009

Banned from McDonald's?

Okay, since you've piqued interest with the striptease reference, I'll explain further. When I picked Roo up from school Friday, I could not bear the thought of being home all afternoon and stuck in the house (weather was very cold and windy). I decided to take both girls to McDonald's, that favorite indoor escape.

After the girls ate, they went to the other side of the play area where there's a little basketball net and ball there for the kids. There were several children of various ages there, including a seven-ish year old boy.

After a few minutes, I heard giggling and the boy say "Uh, what is she DOING??" My motherly instinct told me that must be my two year old (aren't I the suspicious one?). Indeed, as I'm rushing over there, I hear my older one say "Hee hee, put your clothes back on!!. There stood my little pride and joy, pull-up and pants around her feet. Apparently, she wet her diaper and decided she wanted it off right then and there! We've been introducing the potty training but not really pursuing it since it's so cold right now and it gets cumbersome taking all those clothes off. Frankly, we can't afford to turn the heat up much at this point, either! Anyhow, it looks like she's getting ready...if only she could reverse the order and use the potty first!

2 comments:

Life After 60 said...

Your "pride and joy" has given you way more than ample material to write a book. Maybe a working title could be "Nude basketball, naked girls competition (do I sense a theme here?), and other assorted antics guaranteed to age parents."

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Yes it seems as though I should be making some money from all of this, doesn't it?