Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cold & Other Stuff

I think it's safe to say winter has finally arrived in the Atl. Temperatures are really dropping fast and the wind cuts like a sharp, cold knife. Brr!! It's nights like this you appreciate someone to snuggle with. If you have someone, that is.

Hopefully this cold will freeze W's tongue and he won't ramble on and on tonight in his "final" speech. I hope he has enough conscience about the mess he led this country into that his retirement won't be peaceful but I seriously doubt it. All those men and women who have lost their lives in that ridiculous war don't seem to worry him at all, much less the terrible mess the economy is in now.

Getting off my soapbox, I'd go out for a cup of coffee or something while he's speechifying if it weren't so icy cold here. The servers at Flying Biscuit treated me to dinner last night so I suppose it would be hard to top that anyway. Thank goodness for the microwave!



No comments: