Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Good (?) Day

I had to make a trip to Target to get cleaning stuff that hopefully will take the black paint out of the carpet. As if that isn't bad enough, I don't like the chest painted black so I have start over. Oh, well, it will give me something to do during the cold days ahead, especially if it gets to single digits as predicted.

My friend from England called this afternoon and wants to me to come over for a big birthday celebration in March (and stay three weeks). I said I'd think about it. I have to admit that it sounds quite tempting.

Since Cuz gets a kick out of my social life, I will share this so she can read it. I met a guy a while back and even though he was interested, I wasn't, and told him so bluntly. That didn't deter his emails even though I ignored them. I thought he had given up but yesterday I got a note saying he was "interested" in me and wanted me to have dinner with him. The only hitch was that the salutation said, "Hi Rita." After I finally stopped laughing (almost anyway), I sent back a note saying, "Who's Rita?"

Today, he sent a note apologizing for a "senior moment" and said he still wanted me to have dinner with him. Even though I did not plan to answer him again, I couldn't resist sending one last note. I waited a few hours and sent this: "Why? Did Rita turn you down?" So far, he hasn't sent anything else. Too bad ~ I can always use a good laugh but this one should be good for at least a few more days.

No comments: