Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Feeling Flattered

Jim Wooten, Associate Editorial Page Editor and long-time columnist for the Atlanta Journal/ Constitution, is also a native of the county I just left behind so I decided to contact him to see if there might be an opportunity for me to occasionally contribute an article. Even though the paper is downsizing big time and there's nothing available, he took time to send a nice personal note.

Imagine my surprise, when I learned he still reads the paper I write for and has been reading my articles. Who woulda thought!

This is an excerpt from his email: "Thanks for the note and for the contact, Judy. I read the nicely-done column in the Telfair paper and knew you were moving up here. Quite adventurous of you, but you did seem sufficiently upbeat about the move to make it possible to confront the new routines of life...In any event, welcome to Atlanta. My best to you as you get settled in. Jim"

No comments: