Friday, January 23, 2009

Strange Wish

The gorgeous 65-degree weather here today was quite a change from last week's 10 degrees.Thirtysomething brought the girls over to visit and they really enjoyed feeding the ducks and playing in Piedmont Park.

I have to wonder if Mom isn't fudging a tad about Little Bit's antics though. She was good as gold here until she got tired and was only a little cranky then. Maybe part of that was due to my carrying her on my shoulders for that last uphill stretch before we got back to the apartment. In any case, I don't doubt her Mom enough to want to find out for sure firsthand! We had a good day with lunch and the other activities and I won't push my luck.

Looks like a quiet weekend for me but I'm fine with that. I reluctantly turned down the play invitation because I didn't want to give the person who asked me to go the impression there could ever be more than friendship between us. As much as I wanted to see Smokey Joe's Cafe, I know I wouldn't appreciate it if the shoe were on the other foot.

I've been accused a couple of times of being "commitment shy" but I finally made a huge one. I am definitely going to England in March. Thirtysomething was so excited about my upcoming trip that she made a strange wish. She said she hopes if the plane I'm on crashes, it will happen on the way back! Now that's what I call thoughtful!

2 comments:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Well, you know what I meant! When I told DH I said that, he looked slightly appalled, but I meant it in the best possible way!

Life After 60 said...

Of course you did!