Friday, January 30, 2009

R-rated McDonald's?

Thirtysomething, exactly where can one find the McDonald's where the "strip-tease" took place? Maybe others would like to see the "show" too. :)

I made it back early last evening and I was so glad to get here I felt like kissing the parking deck when I parked!

Dealing with juvenile delinquency and recalcitrant bureaucrats takes a lot out of one. Those "in charge" kept telling me they could not adjust the $326 water bill even though it was not my fault. Of course, the faucet turned on and left to flood the yard was one that was not on the yard meter and half the bill is for sewer that wasn't even used.

No matter that the guy who turned it off is willing to tell them what happened, they don't even want to take the sewer portion off the bill. They don't take into account that I paid a $72 bill for the 13 days I was there in December when this happened before. I only left it on because someone was supposed to come in and clean the house and carpet.

This time I filed a police report and the officers responding told me they hadn't realized I had moved or they would have been checking more closely. I did tell the chief but apparently he didn't bother passing the word on to them. Disappointed? Maybe. Surprised? No. Guess I should have put it in writing!

I haven't finished yet. I'm going to crawl up inside their skin and stay there until they run screaming at the very mention of my name (those who don't already). Maybe a class action suit on behalf of all the other people they've ripped off might be in store. At the very least, the letter I am writing to the editor will turn into a scathing editorial if the bill isn't reduced.

The mayor knows I will do it. She wasn't happy when I wrote about her tantrum at a county commission meeting a while back but she "ain't' seen nothing" yet! Maybe if I p*** them off enough, they will take up a collection and buy my house so I don't ever have to go back there again. Heck, I'd gladly pay the darn water bill if they would do that!

No comments: