Friday, January 16, 2009

Neither Rain Nor Snow Nor...?

After getting down to 10 degrees this morning, it's up to a balmy 18 now (10:25 a.m.). Unfortunately, the wind chill makes it feel like 9 but even that's an improvement of a wind chill of zero earlier. At least it isn't raining!

Weather-wise, I suppose you could say I've had my trial by fire, so to speak, since moving here a month ago. Funny thing though, it hasn't bothered me in the least. No so long ago, I might have freaked out with all this constant weird stuff going on but it hasn't fazed me at all so far. I just feel relaxed and comfortable (and warm) in my little apartment, just letting the world go by. I have plenty of stuff to microwave, lots of protein bars, an abundance of beverages, and even a few things I would have to actually cook if push came to shove. Now if the electricity just stays on...

On another note, it's been very quiet from the "Rita" guy. (Thank heavens for little blessings.) And yes, Cuz, I know "a rose by any other name" but I am not changing my name to Rita!

No comments: