Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wish I Had Known

I discovered today that the red paint fiasco was not so bad. Or wouldn't have been if I had only known that the pain would dry into a fine powder rather than soaking into the tile. I started to wipe up a little spot I'd missed when I discovered this. It would have saved me a lot of mopping and scrubbing if I'd known about it then!

Glutton for punishment that I am, I tacked the black painting job today. All I can say for now is that I'm grateful I bought water based enamel. I have to go back and give the chest of drawers another coat so it's futile to clean up the mess until I finish. And I have made my usual mess. In spades.

Sunday was very nice. I had a nice time and "Gran Torino" turned out to be a good movie. The ending was a surprise, definitely not the usual Clint Eastwood fare, but very good anyway. And yes, I went out with the same person I saw the other movie with. Tall, nice looking, and treats me like a lady so I may have to reassess my opinion. Or not.

No comments: