Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Serious Request

Before I leave this morning, I wanted to share an email from my family. My favorite cousin, the one I refer to as Cuz, has sent out a special request to family and friends and I wanted to ask everyone who reads the blog to please join us in prayer for her father (also my wonderful uncle), the doctors who will be taking care of him, and her as she deals with this.

"My father fell at his home today and has broken his hip/thigh in several places. He is hospitalized at Coffee Regional and is scheduled for surgery early Wednesday morning. The orthopedist says that they will be putting in a long rod and some plates to stabilize the bones. He says that his recovery will be a lengthy process. Tomorrow he's having several pre-surgery tests to check on his medical stability, since he is diabetic and has had some heart problems in the past. Please hold him close in your prayers. He is strong and very independent and this is going to be so very hard for him. At 81, he lives alone and does his yards and his neighbor's yards and also works part-time at the courthouse. One of his primary concerns tonight, despite being quite uncomfortable and in traction, is that I be sure and call his job first thing tomorrow to let them know that he won't be in on Wednesday! He is a wonderful father, grandfather, neighbor, and friend. Again, please include him in your prayers."

Thank you.