Monday, January 5, 2009

The Night Life

Didn't someone used to sing the line, "The Night Life Ain't No Good Life, But It's My Life?" I haven't seen a lot of the night life here yet but it's been pretty good so far. However, I'm sure it could be much better if I could spend at least part of the time with someone whose company isn't duller than watching paint dry. I still have hope though. (Do I hear England calling?)

For strange reason I seem to attract conservative, bigoted men with money despite discouraging them as much as possible and still remain civil. Give me a penniless poet any time!

On another note, I went to the first movie in a theater since "Tootsie," and didn't have to drive 25 or more miles to get there. We saw "Frost Nixon" and it was worth the time spent, especially if you're old enough to remember when all those events occurred.

Hot and still rainy in the city. I had to revert to the a/c again today which leaves me wonder if it really is January.

2 comments:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Now you did have one other movie you saw in the interim. Don't you remember driving 40 miles to Douglas, GA, and seeing Home Alone many years ago? You probably missed half the movie, having to chastise the chatty girls running back and forth in front of us.

Life After 60 said...

I think "Tootsie" came afterwards but I do remember something about some kids who had already seen the moving ruining it for others. Did I embarrass someone that evening?