Monday, January 19, 2009

One More To Go

It's snowing a little again tonight, not heavy enough to stick, but snowing nevertheless. If it sleets, the weather will have run the whole gamut in the month I've been here, certainly the most variety in weather I've seen in years.

I've been invited to see a production Smokey Joe's Cafe on Friday night and I will probably go. It would be my very first play and I'm excited about the prospect of seeing one. It's a musical theatrical revue that showcases rock and roll and rhythm and blues tunes. It won a Grammy when it was on Broadway and is also the longest running musical revue in Broadway history so it sounds as though it's right up my alley.

On a more colorful note, I decided to suspend cleaning paint mist off the carpet for a while and spent a big portion of the day shopping for and hanging a clock 6 inches wide by four feet long. It's perfect on the little narrow wall my bar is attached to. I finally got a coat rack to go by the door too. And last, but not least, I fulfilled my itch to go into the Junkman's Daughter shop at Little Five Points. I don't know who the heavy guy with long, wild hair manning the cash register was, but not anyone's daughter for sure! Some of the merchandise is a real eyeopener for a small town girl too. Ver-r-r-y interesting.

No comments: