Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wonderful News To Start the Weekend

My favorite cousin sent an update saying her father (and my favorite uncle) is recovering quite rapidly. Surgery on Wednesday and into rehab on Friday. Amazing!

I told her that I find it incredible the way surgeries and rehab are handled now. It's still rigorous, but not nearly as long and drawn out as it used to be and takes much less time to get back on one's feet.

I'm not surprised he is doing so well though. With his strength and determination, he will make this work if anyone can.
This man is very special to me. He and my late aunt were my rocks when I was growing up and the examples I strived to emulate.

I am four years older than Cuz and one of my best memories is of the two of us sitting in their porch swing with me reading to her before she was old enough to read on her own. All three of them (as well as Cuz's husband and son) always have had and always will have a special place in my heart. And I'm absolutely delighted that my children feel the same way about them as I do.

Please continue to keep them in your prayers in the weeks ahead.

No comments: